The month-long Spring 2012 fashion utopia, where editors, photographers, retailers and celebrities jet set to New York, Milan, London and Paris wrapped up Wednesday after defining major spring trends, styles and colors.

Twice a year (for spring and fall collection debuts), the four fashion capitals of the world capture fashionista attention as they rotate through runway schedules.

The schedule, which stays in order each season, began in New York Sept. 8 through Sept. 15, followed by London from Sept. 16 through Sept. 21, Milan from Sept. 21 through Sept. 27 and Paris from Sept. 27 through Oct. 5.

New York Fashion Week, which kicked-off on Sept. 8 with Fashion’s Night Out, boasted the notable brands Alexander Wang, Diane Von Fürstenberg, Marc Jacobs and Michael Kors. New to the runway this season were J. Crew and Tory Burch.

London’s shows included Burberry Prorsum, Mulberry and Vivienne Westwood Red Label. Milan Fashion Week featured the labels Dolce & Gabbana, Emporio Armani, Gucci and Versace.

Kanye West confused the fashion world with a rumored womenswear line that finally debuted with a star-studded show on Oct. 1 in Paris. Paris showcased about 90 designers including Alexander McQueen, Chanel, Christian Dior, Hermés and Vivenne Westwood.

Prior to the release of these much anticipated spring looks, Pantone Color Institute predicted the season’s must-have colors including tangerine tango orange, solar power yellow, sodalite blue and cabaret pink.

How did these predictions play out? Orange will be dominant color this spring as tangerine dresses covered the runways. Adding a knee-length solid orange dress to your shopping list will give you a chic pop of color. Turquoise, royal blue and jade are also big players — just take a look at the Elie Saab collection.

In addition to bold colors, lady-like pastels and beige will fill racks this March. Acting as a substitute for black, taupe pantsuits, dresses, pencil skirts and jackets will be perfect foundations to any professional look. Pastel green, baby blue, peach and soft-yellow dresses dominated Louis Vuitton’s collection, a perfect look for weddings and graduations.

Sheer tops, skirts and dresses in a rainbow of colors made their way onto major runways including Christian Dior, Vera Wang and John Galliano, hinting that the retail return of the sheer blouse.

One-shoulder dresses, fringe, jumpsuits, snakeskin and short booties (shooties) also made their significance known on the spring runway. Colorful, ornate necklaces and bangles dominated the season’s jewelry.

While it is said runway trends do not hit retail or catch on in a mass market for a few years, spring 2012’s runway looks are ready to wear, classic pieces. The season’s colors will reinvigorate anyone after a long winter and the bold patterns will help make each outfit unique.