The Ohio State wrestling team (8-2, 2-2 Big Ten) returned to winning ways after defeating Purdue (6-6, 1-2 Big Ten), 27-10, Thursday night at St. John Arena.

Redshirt senior Bo Touris, redshirt sophomores Nick Heflin, Peter Capone, redshirt freshman Logan Stieber and freshmen Hunter Stieber, Derek Garcia and Andrew Campolattano all collected wins for OSU.

The night opened up with the 125-pound match where Touris, filling in for freshman starter Johnni Dijulius, defeated Purdue freshman Luke Schroeder with a 15-6 major decision. The win put OSU up, 4-0.

Logan Stieber added to the lead by pinning redshirt sophomore Cashé Quiroga at 133-pounds, which left the Boilermakers in a 10-0 hole just two matches into the contest.

Logan Stieber, who improved to 17-1 on the year, collected his 10th pin of the season against Quiroga.

“I’m pretty good at that arm bar move so I just took my time in getting it and once I got it locked up really tight it was just a matter of him going over,” said Logan Stieber.

In the 141-pound match, freshman Hunter Stieber increased the Buckeye lead to 13-0 after defeating Purdue’s redshirt junior Jake Fleckenstein, 4-3.

Purdue answered OSU’s first three wins of the night in the 149-pound match after redshirt junior Ivan Lopouchanski defeated OSU’s redshirt freshman Alex Gordon, 7-2.

The Boilermakers were then able to cut the deficit, 13-6, in the 157-pound match when Purdue’s redshirt junior Tommy Churchard beat redshirt sophomore T.J. Rigel in a 9-6 decision.

Immediately after, 165-pound freshman Derek Garcia scored a decision over Purdue’s redshirt sophomore Kyle Mosier 8-4, giving the Buckeyes a 16-6 cushion.

At 174-pounds, Heflin added another 4 points to the OSU lead after a 15-6 major decision against Purdue freshman Drake Stein.

The last time Purdue scored during the evening was in the 184-pound match where Purdue’s redshirt freshman Braden Atwood defeated OSU freshman Craig Thomas, 9-1.

To end the night for the Buckeyes, 197-pound Campolattano delivered a 18-6 major decision over Purdue’s redshirt sophomore Justin Dinius before OSU heavyweight Capone defeated Purdue’s redshirt senior Roger Vukobratovich, 4-2, in overtime.

Regularly projected starters, 125-pound freshmen Johnni Dijulius, 149-pound Cam Tessari and 157-pound Josh Demas did not wrestle.

Redshirt junior C.J. Magrum also did not wrestle due to an ongoing injury.

OSU’s win was its fifth in a row over the Boilermakers, a streak that dates all the way back to Feb. 10, 2006.

It was also OSU’s first win since dropping their first two losses of the season to Nebraska and Minnesota this past weekend.

“We wrestled good,” Logan Stieber said. “We wrestled hard. We wrestled tough. You know, we still got a lot to work on. It’s good to come back after losing two last week.”

The Buckeyes now look to their next test, a duel against No. 2 Iowa at home Jan. 20.

While he feels it will be a tough match, Logan Stieber said he believes his team is up to the task of challenging Iowa.

“It helps, you know, obviously getting a win (tonight),” Logan Stieber said. “We got another hard week in practice again and Iowa is going to be really good. They’re tough so hopefully we just keep rolling.”