It was murder that captured the attention of the audience at Thursday’s presentation of “The Wreck of the Enormous: A Murder Mystery of Titanic Proportion!” at the Ohio Union Performance Hall.

Programmed by the Ohio Union Activities Board, the event was presented by Cloak & Dagger Dinner Theatre

The guests at the event were dressed in cocktail attire and pretended to be guests aboard the RMS Enormous.

Five minutes after the show started, a shot rang out and the murder mystery began. The cast spent the rest of the evening engaging the audience and trying to get them to guess the identity of the murderer. 

Throughout the night, guests were served salad, a main course and dessert. Toward the end of the show, guests aboard the ship were allowed to ask questions about the cast. 

“Watching them deal with the questions (was) the funniest bit of the night,” said Sarah Buffer, a third-year in health sciences.

There were many songs and jokes as the crew of the RMS Enormous tried to solve the mystery of who had killed the bandleader on the ship. In the end, it was revealed that the person faked their own death, an ending closely predicted by Erin Mischler, a fourth-year in security and intelligence and Italian. She said it’s “always a set up.”

Mischler won a Cloak and Dagger Dinner Theatre Gift Certificate.

Most guests anticipated an evening filled with entertainment.

Nick Ruhrkraut, a third-year in biochemistry and film studies, said he had been eager to attend the event.

“I’m really excited,” Ruhrkraut said before it started. “I’ve always wanted to come to one.”

Kaitlyn McDowell, OUAB special events chair, said this was the first time the group put on a murder-mystery dinner.

For the rest of this story, read The Lantern Monday.