Big Sean gave Ohio State students more than an earful of rap tunes, performing on the South Oval as part of the Welcome Week Concert Thursday. He turned up his Twitter game and photo opportunities with the crowd as well.

“Ohio State is one of the craziest turn up schools of all time! Period! Ohio State is #FinallyFamous #GOOD,” Big Sean tweeted from his Twitter handle, @BigSean amid snapped multiple pictures of the crowd.

Students started lining up in front of the stage as early as about 5 p.m., and with the roughly 85-degree weather, were dressed as though summer was yet to conclude.

Big Sean took the stage at about 8:30 p.m., when standing space was sparse with nearly no visible open patches of grass or sidewalk.

The artist walked onto the stage to the song “I Don’t Like,” and changed the lyrics before the end of the song to “Ohio State, that’s that sh*t I do like.”

He gave OSU more attention yelling, “Where are my Ohio State Buckeyes?” before going into his song “My Last.”

Later in his set, Big Sean gave a birthday shout out to his manager and close friend.

“He believed in me when no one believed in me and it’s his birthday,” he said. “Mike Brinkley, we’re partying for him.”

Big Sean’s set also included songs such as “High,” “Marvin & Chardonnay,” “Too Fake” and a sing-along tribute to Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. record label. However the liveliness of the crowd surged with hits “Dance (A$$)” and “Mercy.”

Big Sean wasn’t the only artist to elicit such a response from the audience.

2 Chainz, who is also affiliated with G.O.O.D record label, took stage before Big Sean and psyched the crowd, requesting they “put their twos up” and yell “TRU.”

A few songs into his set, 2 Chainz turned his attention to the ladies.

“Do we have any women out there who wanna be millionaires,” he said. “I’m looking for someone with some ambition. I’m tired of buying you guys cars and bags.”

2 Chainz performed hits such as “Turn Up,” “No Lie,” “I’m Different” and Nikki Minaj’s “Beez In The Trap,” screaming the word “TRU,” part of the title of his newest album “Based On A T.R.U. Story,” and playing either the sound of glass shattering or a large bass in between each song.

By the end of his set, audience members were crowd surfing and being escorted out by police, and there wasn’t much room to move around the South Oval due to the large attendance.

The Ohio Union Activities Board sponsored the concert and was unable to immediately disclose how many students attended the concert Thursday.

Mia Grube, OUAB president, said the music interests of a majority of the students played a part in the selection of this year’s artists for the Welcome Week Concert.

“Our main goal in selecting artists for this year’s Welcome Week Concert was to provide OSU with a Top 40/pop sound in order to reach the interest of as many students as possible during their first week back on campus,” Grube said in an Aug. 2 Lantern article.

OUAB was unable to immediately disclose how many students attended the concert Thursday.

Krewella, an electronic dance group, started off the night, opening for 2 Chainz and Big Sean with its song “Alive.” However, the group seized the crowds attention with its mixes of songs such as Gotye’s “Somebody that I used to know,” and Jibbs’ “Chain Hang Low.”

Jessica Villagran, a first-year in biomedical engineering, said she didn’t enjoy Krewella’s performance as much as the others because she didn’t know any of the group’s music.

“She’s not that well known,” Villagran said. “I liked Big Sean and 2 Chainz more. They’re all popular songs so I knew all the words and I could sing along and get into it.”

Kevin Novak, an OSU alumnus, who came back to attend the show, said Big Sean met his expectations.  

“I think he threw a pretty good party and kept the crowd going well. I think everybody had a good time,” Novak said.