A rape reported in an on-campus residence hall early Saturday morning prompted a public safety notice. It’s the third time this year that an alleged rape on campus has led to a campus-wide alert.

A female Ohio State student reported the incident to University Police at about 10:20 a.m. Saturday, saying the rape had occurred between 4 and 4:30 a.m. that morning, according to the notice.

The suspect — who is described as a 22-to-23-year-old white male standing 5 feet, 8 inches tall and weighing 150 pounds — was invited into the dorm after meeting the woman earlier that evening, the notice said.

The suspect was also described as wearing a light blue long-sleeve dress shirt and khaki pants. He claimed to be an OSU student and said his first name was Corey.

A public safety notice was issued Sept. 15 after a rape was reported in a North Campus dorm. The suspect had been identified and escorted from university property before the notice was issued nearly a day after the incident.

Another public safety notice was issued in February about a rape that allegedly occurred Jan. 25 in a residence hall. That notice said recent information about the rape caused police officers to believe there was a continuing threat.

Public safety notices are issued when crimes occur that are considered to be a concern or a continuing threat to the OSU community.