Welcome to a new school year, and a newly improved Arts & Life section of The Lantern. You might have known us in years past as the A+E section. In an effort to modernize ourselves — and distance us from a certain “Duck Dynasty” network — we have rebranded.

With the new name comes a renewed commitment to tap into the multi-faceted lives of Ohio State students. In order to best do so, this summer we started a calendar feature titled “What’s Up.” It is your go to place to find out what’s up around campus and Columbus — concerts, plays, festivals, exhibits, everything. What’s Up will run Wednesdays in print, but a constantly updated list of events can be found at thelantern.com/events.

In addition, regular columnists will be featured in our section. Ogonna Ononye will continue with her Beyonce-inspired advice column, “Ask Ogonna.” We have a new sex education columnist, Regina Squeri, who will be tackling all that goes on under the sheets in “Sex Talk.” Both “Ask Ogonna” and “Sex Talk” will regularly run online on Mondays.

Copy Chief Robert Scarpinito will be covering kitchen basics and beyond in “Cooking in College,” running in print on Tuesdays.

Our “Columbus’ Own” series, which profiles local bands, will continue to run in print on Wednesdays. We have a new campus fashion columnist, Harry Xu, whose columns will run in print on Thursdays. My pop culture column, covering the hard news of celebrities and gossip, will run online on Fridays.

By having these scheduled columns, you — our readers — know what to expect from us. This section, this newspaper, is for you. We’re your student voice and we look forward to being heard.