Sophomore wide receiver Noah Brown (80) walks across the field during OSU's 2015 Spring Game on April 18. Credit: Samantha Hollingshead / Photo Editor

Sophomore wide receiver Noah Brown (80) walks across the field during OSU’s 2015 Spring Game on April 18. Credit: Samantha Hollingshead / Photo Editor

Ohio State football ended practice early Wednesday night after an injury to a player occurred. The media availability scheduled for later that night was also canceled.

A press release from an OSU spokesman said that sophomore wide receiver Noah Brown suffered a left leg injury on Wednesday. According to the release, Brown will have surgery tomorrow at the Wexner Medical Center at Ohio State.

He will miss the entire 2015 season but is expected to make a full recovery.

Brown was not an integral part of the offense as a freshman, but as the year progressed, he slowly started to see the field more.

He ended last season with just one catch for nine yards against Illinois on Nov. 1.

Brown did, however, see considerable snaps against Wisconsin in the Big Ten Championship Game and Oregon in the College Football Playoff National Championship Game with 23 and 20, respectively.

The coaching staff was expecting Brown to have an increased role in the upcoming campaign, as they spoke highly of the transformation Brown underwent in the offseason during spring practice.

Wide receivers coach Zach Smith said the Flanders, New Jersey, native was on a “different level” in the spring compared to the fall.

The injury to Brown makes another dent into an already thin Buckeye receiving corp as redshirt senior Corey Smith, redshirt sophomore H-back Jalin Marshall and junior H-back Dontre Wilson are all suspended for the season opener against Virginia Tech on Sept. 7 in Blacksburg, Virginia.

This marks the second consecutive year for the Buckeyes that a key player was hurt right before the season began as then-senior quarterback Braxton Miller suffered a season-ending injury last year.

Brown’s teammates and coaches took to Twitter to extend their support: