Home » Men's Soccer » Men’s Soccer: Ohio State’s season ends with 4-0 loss to Indiana

Men’s Soccer: Ohio State’s season ends with 4-0 loss to Indiana

Ohio State junior Abdi Mohamed (26) takes the ball downfield during the Ohio State- BGSU game on Sep. 22. Credit: Jack Westerheide | Photo Editor

The Indiana men’s soccer team (15-0-4, 5-0-3 Big Ten) defeated Ohio State (8-10-1, 3-5-0 Big Ten) in the semifinals of the Big Ten tournament on Saturday, ending the Buckeyes’ 2017 season.

The Hoosiers were able to strike in the 17th minute to give them a 1-0 lead off the foot of junior forward Corey Thomas. He was able to finish off the cross assist from junior midfielder Trevor Swartz and junior defender Andrew Gutman.

The first half ended 1-0 with Indiana outshooting Ohio State 8-3.

The Hoosiers made the score 2-0 in the 47th minute as Gutman buried a shot in the back of the net from 12 yards out.

Indiana continued to pour it on in the second half. The Hoosiers scored their third goal in the 62nd minute as junior midfielder Francesco Moore was able to finish off a corner. Indiana’s fourth and final goal came in the 71st minute off a header by junior midfielder Austin Panchot.

Indiana finished the game leading 17-6 in shots and 7-1 in corners.

One comment

1. Hey, Here you will be able to know that we are going to share one of the best platform by which you will be able to fix bluetooth audio devices connections in windows 10 mobile as it is an upgraded feature of windows 10. So if you are facing same troubles so you may have make use of it.