Home » Campus » New digital program to help finance students

New digital program to help finance students

eMoney announced a new, revamped digital financial planning program last week that will be used at Ohio State.
Credit: Lantern file photo

As many professions move into a digital age, so do people’s bank accounts.

With them? Financial planning.

In accordance with this new reality, eMoney Advisor — the second-biggest wealth management platform in the U.S. — announced a revamped university program that will be partnering with Ohio State to bring to campus.

“At eMoney, our mission to move the financial services industry forward extends beyond our
products and services – to people,” Matthew Schulte, head of financial planning at eMoney, said in a statement.

Schulte’s eMoney team works with colleges and universities to make a degree certified by Certified Financial Planning. This endeavor includes free eMoney software licenses for program directors and instructors for their students.

To make things easier for students, Schulte’s team also developed an online, self-guided program that will provide students with an eMoney certification.

The program is currently offered at 30 colleges and universities across the country, helping to prepare financial planners for a digital world.

Schulte said as the program continues to grow it will look to expand to more colleges.

Cynthia Axelrod, an assistant professor and academic director of financial planning at
the Fox School of Business at Temple University, said in eMoney’s announcement last week that she incorporates eMoney into multiple financial planning courses each semester.

“We’re thrilled to partner with eMoney to offer our students hands-on experience with the technology solutions that the industry’s leading advisers use every day to run their businesses,” Axelrod said. “The classroom work and online learning provide students with invaluable experience that we believe will springboard their careers in the industry.”

As the world continually becomes more digitally driven, eMoney wants to prepare Ohio State’s financial students for that future.