A theft from a motor vehicle was reported to the Columbus Division of Police as having occurred between 8:40 and 8:48 p.m. on Nov. 12 on East 18th Avenue near North Fourth Street. According to the online police log, an unknown person(s) opened the door to the victim’s unlocked vehicle and stole a $1,000 laptop.

A burglary was reported to the Columbus Police as having occurred between 7 and 8:45 p.m. on Thursday at a North Fourth Street residence near East 19th Avenue. According to the online police log, unknown suspects entered the residence through an unlocked back door and stole $3,500 in property, including a laptop and designer bag.

An incident of theft and criminal damaging was reported to the Columbus Police as having occurred at noon on Friday at a North Fourth Street residence near East 19th Avenue. The victim had $9,500 of property stolen and damaged, including a baby grand piano, according to the police log.

A rape was reported to University Police as having occurred at 1:21 p.m. on Friday at an unknown off-campus location (crime not depicted on map).

A burglary was reported to the Columbus Police as having occurred between 4 and 7 p.m. on Sunday at an East 12th Avenue near Big 4 Street. According to the online police log, unknown person(s) entered the residence through a front window and stole $1,676 of property, including a TV, gaming console, headphones and computer accessories.

An incident of discharging a firearm on or near prohibited premises was reported to the Columbus Police as having occurred at 10:44 p.m. at an East 13th Avenue residence near Big 4 Street. According to the online police log, one of the calls the police received was a male on the third floor of a nearby residence firing shots out the window.