Ohio State senior goalkeeper Devon Kerr (1) prepares throw the ball downfield in the first half of the game against Florida Gulf Coast University on Sept. 7. Credit: Casey Cascaldo | Photo Editor

The Ohio State women’s soccer team left Spry Stadium with a 1-0 overtime loss to Wake Forest in the first round of the NCAA tournament, finishing the 2018 season 9-6-4, 6-3-3 in the Big Ten.

Ohio State sophomore defender Izzy Rodriguez began the match with an attempted kick from 25 yards, but then the ball drifted off to the right side of the box.

Wake Forest then started to gain some momentum.

Wake Forest sophomore forward Abby McNamara notched a left-footed shot from 20 yards for the Demon Deacons, but the ball went off the left, keeping the game scoreless.

Neither team could find each other’s net heading into halftime, with Wake Forest holding a 7-5 advantage in shots over the Buckeyes, and Ohio State keeping a 2-1 edge in shots on goal.

Both teams still couldn’t seem to find a way to score coming out of halftime trough to the end of regulation.

At the end of regulation, both teams remained scoreless, forcing the match to then go into overtime.

Wake Forest freshman midfielder Giovanna Demarco scored a goal from 12 yards off of the left post, pulling the Demon Deacons ahead of the Buckeyes, for the 1-0 victory at home.

Ohio State will conclude their current season with nine total wins, seven coming in the form of a shutout.