A theft from a motor vehicle was reported to the Columbus Division of Police as having occurred between 9 p.m. Nov. 25 and 9 a.m. Nov. 26 on East 11th Avenue near Indianola Avenue. According to the online police log, an unknown person took $1,605 of property from the vehicle, including paperwork containing private medical information, a laptop and a mobile hotspot device.

A burglary was reported to University Police as having occurred between 11 a.m. Nov. 25 and 5:10 p.m. Nov. 26 at Lincoln Tower.

A theft from a motor vehicle was reported to the Columbus Police as having occurred between 1 and 8:50 a.m. Nov. 26 on West Maynard Avenue near Tuttle Park. According to the online police log, unknown suspect(s) forced entry into the victim’s vehicle, taking $19,950 in property, including wallets, designer bags and purses, shoes, jewelry, iPads, laptops, clothing, electronics, cologne and sunglasses.

A theft from a motor vehicle was reported to the Columbus Police as having occurred at 8:25 p.m. on Nov. 27 near Smith Place and North High Street. According to the online police log, the suspect took and damaged $4,100, including a laptop, computer parts, a calculator, a jacket and prescription sunglasses.

An assault was reported to University Police as having occurred at 6:45 p.m. Wednesday at the Baker Systems Engineering building.

A theft from a motor vehicle was reported to the Columbus Police as having occurred between 8 p.m. Wednesday and 8:45 a.m. Thursday on East Maynard Avenue near Indianola Avenue. According to the online police log, unknown suspect(s) broke into the vehicle by punching the passenger door lock and took $14,800 of property, including a power generator, air compressor, nail guns, a ladder, hoses and other tools.

An incident of fondling was reported to University Police as having occurred at 11:30 p.m. Friday at Morrill Tower.

Neighborhood Safety Notice

A robbery was reported to the Columbus Police as having occurred at 8 p.m. Friday near Pearl Street and Chittenden Avenue, according to the neighborhood safety notice released by the university. According to the notice, an unknown male suspect approached an Ohio State student and displayed a silver handgun, stealing the victim’s backpack and phone.

The notice also stated the suspect as a black male with a light complexion in his early 20s, as well as having short hair or a shaved head. He is also stated to be 6-foot-1, weighing 160 pounds. At the time of the incident, he was reported to be wearing a gray-hooded sweatshirt and dark pants.