Home » Sports » Football » Matthew Baldwin to transfer to TCU

Matthew Baldwin to transfer to TCU

Redshirt freshman Matthew Baldwin (12) throws a pass down the field in the first half of the 2019 Spring Game on April 13. Gray beat Scarlet 35-17. Credit: Casey Cascaldo | Photo Editor

Redshirt freshman quarterback Matthew Baldwin’s transfer from Ohio State is now official.

After taking to twitter to announce his transfer on April 18, the now former Buckeye stated Tuesday that his transfer destination would be TCU, per reports by 247Sports.

At the time he entered the transfer portal, Baldwin cited a desire to be closer to home as his motivation for leaving Ohio State.

“My family and I have prayed and talked a lot about where I belong and what is best for me,” Baldwin said in the April 18 twitter announcement. “In the end, we’d feel it’d be better for me to step away from Ohio State.”

TCU is located in Fort Worth, Texas, a three-hour drive from Baldwin’s hometown in Austin, Texas.

Baldwin will apply for immediate eligibility with the Horned Frogs.

Baldwin concludes his Ohio State career before taking a single snap. At the 2019 Spring Game he finished 20-for-36 for 246 yards through the air, with two touchdowns and three interceptions.

While sophomore quarterback Justin Fields appeared to lead for the starting job at the position for the Buckeyes, he and Baldwin were considered in open competition by head coach Ryan Day.

Should he be granted immediate eligibility, he’ll have four seasons available to play at TCU.

1. the tcu football jerk

All he’ll ever be at TCU is a mop up QB

• What’s with these kids they have to fight for positions and run away when competition gets tough instead of continuing to battle. They should never have opened that door and make them responsible for their choices and see things through to the end. My parents never allowed me to step away from a choice I made and any tough challenge that may have come along

2. majece majecesf

After visiting https://admission-writer.com/blog/how-to-brainstorm-good-college-essay-topics-and-find-the-one-that-works-for-you you will learn how to brainstorm good college essay topics and find the one that works for you. I had such experience recently