A model strikes a pose during the first runway of Easton Fashion Night at Easton Town Center on Sept 20. She modeled Loft, one of the brands featured in the show. Photo credit: Ashlee Lehr | Lantern Reporter

The eighth-annual Easton Fashion Night granted fashion lovers an evening of the hottest looks, all strutted down the streets of Easton Town Center.

On Friday, the center held Easton Fashion Night in partnership with Fashion Week Columbus. The event celebrated fashion and the clothing industry by presenting models on a makeshift runway wearing various brands, all of which are retailers at Easton. Several vendors also set up in the closed-off street to promote their brands and pass out free swag to the attendees.

Jennifer Peterson, the center’s chief executive, remarked on the success of previous Easton Fashion Nights and said how excited she was for this year’s event to finally take shape.

“Easton Fashion Night, which is getting bigger and better every year, is one of our favorite events because it reinforces what we’re about — exploring fashion in all its forms and bringing people together,” Peterson said.

Fashion Week Columbus and Easton Fashion Night’s partnership allows for the Columbus fashion community to come together and celebrate the fashion industry through various events held during the fall. Peterson said the fashion industry has a much larger role in Columbus’ culture than many people are aware of.

“People often forget that Columbus is number three in the country when it comes to number of resident fashion designers, only behind New York and LA,” Peterson said.

Maren Primm, a featured model in the show and a second-year in music education, said she has been modeling for nearly five years, but this was her first time walking in Easton Fashion Night.

Primm said to help designers prepare the looks she modeled, she sent them her measurements and photos.

“It’s different for each event. If it’s a more low-key one then sometimes they will tell you that you can do your own basic hair and makeup,” Primm said. “So, for this one they are having you do your foundation and light mascara and then kept simple hair.”

In addition to Easton Fashion Night, Primm said she is also modeling for Fashion Week Columbus. She said that Fashion Week Columbus is one of the biggest runways in the city.

Easton Fashion Night is held annually and free for all to attend.