Models pose together at the Anatomy Fashion Show March 3, 2019. Credit: Courtesy of Phi Delta Epsilon Ohio Zeta

It takes guts to strut your stuff on the catwalk, but a medical fraternity will bare it all this weekend.

Phi Delta Epsilon Ohio Zeta will host its second annual Anatomy Fashion Show Sunday in the Ohio Union to benefit Nationwide Children’s Hospital. The event will feature volunteer models walking a runway in skin-toned costumes painted with anatomically correct organs, muscles and bones.

In addition to ticket sales, the show will raise money through raffles, a silent auction and an online donation drive, according to the event page.

“Last year, we raised $4,200 and then this year we are hoping to raise 5,000,” Julia Barbera, a fourth-year in evolution, ecology and organismal biology and the fashion show coordinator, said.

The bodysuits are painted by volunteers recruited through the art department and various art clubs, Lauren Cea, a fourth-year in psychology, said. Phi Delta Epsilon creates a powerpoint with pictures of the different systems but encourages artists to “do their own thing,” she said.

Cea, a member of the show’s planning committee, walked in the 2019 show and said it took six hours to get the models prepared. She said she had worries about walking in front of the crowd of more than 250 people in a tight costume.

“Once you are painted, you can’t use the restroom. You have to be careful when you touch things,” Cea said.

However, Cea said she was pleased with her experience and no longer worried once she was in front of the audience.

“It didn’t even cross my mind at that point to be nervous or embarrassed because at the end of the day, like we said, it’s for the kids,” she said.

Phi Delta Epsilon’s 2020 Anatomy Fashion Show will start at 3 p.m. Sunday in the Ohio Union Great Hall Meeting Room. Tickets are $5 for students and $7 for others. Tickets and information can be found on the organization’s Eventbrite page.

Correction: A previous version of the story listed Saturday and Sunday as days for the event. The event occurs Sunday at 3 p.m. The story has been updated with the correct information.