I’m sure I’m not alone in my excitement for Spring Quarter. As almost all Ohio State students know, campus transforms for the quarter, and while I love the excitement spring brings, my favorite thing about the season is the fashion.

While autumn often involves luxurious fabrics, layering and expanding outfit options, there is something to be said about the bright colors of spring. Bright emerald green, neon pink, lemon yellow, turquoise blue and tangerine orange mesmerize themselves with colored denim, shorts, silky blouses, lace and accessories.

Getting wrapped up in the season, it is easy to apply these fashion trends to your campus fashion.

Lace

Sheer and lace fabrics are easily one of the biggest blouse trends for spring. Brightly colored tanks or short sleeves (worn over bandeau tops or simple camis) can be paired with body-con (tight) skirts or shorts. And with a busy lace, little accessorizing is required.

Cropped tops

Keep up that spring-break body with tees and tanks cropped above the belly button. Making their point in high fashion, this trend might be more appropriate for a night out than a typical day of class.

Mesh

With spring’s sporty look, mesh fabric tops can be worn in a similar way to lace. Pair with a bandeau top and skinnies or shorts for a fashionable, athletic look.

Colored denim

It is no secret that brightly colored denim is trending this spring. In skinny jeans and frayed bottom shorts, everything from pastel to neon is perfect for a day of classes and relaxing on the Oval.

Zigzag prints

Straight from runway inspiration, zigzag and tribal printed skirts, dresses and tops are a great way to mix up solid colors. Pair carefully with another print for a daring, eye-catching look.

Florals

Graphic flower prints are no longer reserved for tops and dresses. The bold look is infiltrating the fashion scene on skinny jeans. Paired with a simple top, this look flips convention upside down for a fresh new spring look.

Pleated skirts

Perfect for your internship, tightly pleated mini skirts are a chic, professional wardrobe addition. Keep light and airy with pastels, and pair with sandals or simple pump.

Spring fashion couldn’t excite me more. The fun prints, bright colors and new silhouette’s are perfect for campus, a day at work or a night out.