Amid the many difficult events arising in the world today, Lorii Wallace said she felt compelled to create an artistic experience that signified where society is headed.

Wallace is the artistic director and founder of the Tapestry Performing Arts Company. The company is scheduled to perform “eMotives: Turbulence of Life” at the King Arts Complex Saturday at 7 p.m.

According to the King Arts Complex website, “eMotives” is an “exciting journey exploring life’s turbulence through the fusion of dance, drama and music.”

“The motivation behind it was just everything going on the world today, whether it’s the economy, or shootings, or people losing their jobs,” Wallace said. “All of that sort of compelled me into wanting to do something … and it sort of hit me how we all, no matter what our problems are and what we’re going through, we all still have the same problems.”

A University of Toledo graduate, Wallace returned to Columbus a few years after college and gathered talented dancers to create a company based on community and professionalism. She founded the Tapestry Performing Arts Company, which now includes dancers from all around the Columbus community. Set to be featured in “eMotives” are performers from across the state and nation.

“I just began to meet dancers from all walks of life,” Wallace said. “And because I have actually danced in productions, in musicals, just done all different types of dance, I wanted to gather people that just really have the same level of art that could learn from me and also I could learn something from.”

As a resident arts group of the King Arts Complex, the Tapestry Performing Arts Company gets a lot of support and is allowed to use the complex’s performance areas for rehearsals and preparation.

“A resident arts group means that we support them and all their endeavors within the city,” said Jevon Collins, director of programming at the King Arts Complex and organizer of the event. “Most of the time, they’ll do their performances here, but we typically do two concerts with them each year, one that supports their performing arts company, and one they do specifically for the King Arts Complex. We offer them space to rehearse and cultivate their events and programs here, but one thing we will be doing more in the future is working on ways to get them out in the country, to other arts organizations.”

Collins also said that, as a graduate and a former employee of Ohio State, he thinks it is important for students and faculty to discover all that Columbus has to offer in the arts industry.

“It’s a great opportunity to support the arts in the community,” Collins said. “I am an OSU alumnus, serving on the College of Arts and Sciences Town and Gown Committee. It is imperative that my role as program director provides opportunities for students and faculty to experience the arts offered at the King Arts Complex … There’s so much more to Columbus outside of Ohio State, and we want to continue to present great performances that seem to enrich the experience here in Columbus for the Ohio State students.”

Demetries Neely, executive director at the King Arts Complex, said she thinks the “eMotives” audience will consist of dancers who have always been supportive of the company.

“I’m thinking the audience will be the dance community, since (the company) has a loyal following,” Neely said. “And (the performance) will have dance, drama and music all intertwined to culminate this performance.”

Wallace said the company has been thinking about the future of society and how it will impact the youth in the community, which is why children are included in the performance.

“I think about our youth, and what direction they’re taking and what they’re going to do,” Wallace said, “so I wanted to do something because I love helping the growth of youth and their development. And they’re sort of finding their path … and I really wanted to include the youth and the dancers and future artists of tomorrow in this production.”

Tickets range from $10-$15 and are available at the King Arts Complex, located at 867 Mount Vernon Ave.