Forty-four players in Ohio State men’s basketball history scored 1,000 points in the course of their OSU careers, and after Saturday’s 110-47 romp of St. Francis, Evan Turner is one of them.

“It probably won’t hit me until a little bit later, but it’s a great accomplishment and an honor to be in the same class as legendary players,” Turner said. “I’m very fortunate to be in this position.”

Turner made all seven of his field goal attempts and finished the game with 16 points, eight rebounds and five assists. It was the first time all year the junior didn’t record a double-double.

Senior Jeremie Simmons and junior Jon Diebler led the scoring for the Buckeyes. Simmons scored 18 points on 7-9 shooting, and Diebler added 17 points of his own, including five three-pointers.

OSU’s 110 points were the highest total for any Buckeye team since 1995 and the 11th highest in school history.

“I thought it was pretty cool,” Turner said. “We’re a team that scored one of the highest totals in school history. It’s something to remember.”

The blowout provided a chance to get some Buckeye players much-needed rest. After Turner and Diebler played nearly every minute in the last few games, both played fewer than 30 Saturday.

But for coach Thad Matta, it was an opportunity for some of his supporting cast to gain experience.

“I think I was more concerned with getting minutes for our other guys,” Matta said. “I’ve never been opposed to giving guys too many minutes, as you’ve probably seen over the past six years.”

The Buckeyes return to the court Wednesday to play Florida State as part of the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.