Art and technology are set to mingle in a modern student showcase at Ohio State.

SQUINT, the art and technology spring exhibition, is set to open Tuesday on the first floor of Hopkins Hall.

The exhibition features work from undergraduate and graduate students currently taking classes in art and technology at OSU.

Shirley Wu, a third-year in art, said the process for students to display their work at the exhibition is challenging. Wu said students submit their pieces to be judged by their instructors and are then selected for a spot in the exhibition.

The art and technology major, a division of the department of art, has allowed some of its students to experiment with their artwork.

“The fact that I am able to experiment with my work in the way that I am is awesome, real world experience,” said Gus Dieker, a third-year in art and technology.

Dieker said he has created a couple of robotic sculptures he hopes will be chosen for the exhibition, but is looking forward to the student reaction from his video project.

“My video is actually pretty weird,” Dieker said. “I was doing a lot of glitch art stuff and I wanted to make something pretty aggressive and shocking.”

Yuhui Qi, a third-year in art and technology, said in an email that in a previous OSU art and technology exhibition she presented 3-D modeling render prints.

This year, Qi said she submitted a moving image project and a 3-D modeling object and print.

Qi said some students might be confused by the pieces if they do not have background knowledge about this style of art.

“I think most art students, specifically art and tech students, would enjoy the exhibition because this is a platform for us to discuss art and technology,” Qi said.

Wu said she thinks students can benefit from viewing the different artistic mediums and projects shown at the exhibition.

“There are a lot of different things that go on at the exhibition from robotics, to videos, to paintings and drawings, and we even have performance art,” Wu said.

The exhibition also highlights the potential of OSU students in a setting outside of the classroom.

“I think it (the exhibition) can show the campus a lot of the student’s potential and what they can do with what they have learned through the courses they have taken,” Wu said.

Wu said she thinks this exhibition is a good opportunity for insight on art topics that are unfamiliar to students.

“I think it is a really wonderful show that students should experience at least once in their college career,” Wu said.

The exhibition is free for students and is set to be open Wednesday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. An opening reception with refreshments is set to take place Tuesday from 5-8 p.m.

Student-led gallery tours through the exhibition are set to take place each day from 3-5 p.m.

Video screenings are set to take place Tuesday at 7 p.m. and 8 p.m.