A suspect was identified in one of the weekend’s three reported sexual assaults.

The suspect is not an Ohio State student and is no longer on campus, according to a media release from University Police.

A female student reported at about 10:20 a.m. on Saturday that a rape had occurred in a South Campus residence hall earlier that morning between 4-4:30 a.m. At the time, it was believed that the suspect was an OSU student, and the incident prompted a public safety notice.

The suspect — who is described as a 22-23-year-old white male standing 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighing 150 pounds — was invited into the dorm after meeting the woman earlier that evening, the notice said. He was wearing a light blue, long-sleeved dress shirt and khaki pants, and he said his first name was Corey.

No charges have been filed yet, according to the release.

That incident was one of three sexual assaults that was reported over the weekend. The alleged assaults prompted two public safety notices to be issued — one on Saturday and the other on Sunday.

The suspect does not appear to be linked to the other assaults.

University Police Captain Eric Whiteside said he couldn’t provide any more information because the investigation is ongoing and he didn’t want to release details prematurely. He said it was important to update people on the investigation, though.

“We thought it was important to let our community know that we have identified a suspect who is not a student,” he said.

He added that he wasn’t concerned about the suspect returning to campus.

Public safety notices are issued when crimes occur that are considered to be a concern or a continuing threat to the OSU community.

There have been four notices issued so far this year for sexual assault-related incidents.

A public safety notice was issued Sept. 15 after a rape was reported in a North Campus dorm. The suspect had been identified and escorted from university property before the notice was issued nearly a day after the incident.

Another public safety notice was issued in February about a rape that allegedly occurred Jan. 25 in a residence hall. That notice said recent information about the rape had caused police officers to believe there was a continuing threat.

About two-thirds of rapes are committed by someone known to the victim, according to the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network website.

OSU provides services for victims of sexual assault that include counseling, advocacy, wellness and health services through Student Life.