Junior outside hitter Elizabeth Campbell (14) spikes the ball during a match against Michigan on Oct. 25 at St. John Arena. OSU won, 3-0. Credit: Muyao Shen / Lantern photographer

The No. 6 Penn State women’s volleyball team extended its win streak to five as it took down No. 17 Ohio State in a clean sweep.

OSU lost by scores of 15-25, 22-25 and 12-25 Tuesday night in State College, Pa.

The Buckeyes (16-7, 7-4) committed 23 attacking errors against the Nittany Lions (21-3, 9-2), who had seven total attacking errors and committed none in the first set. The Nittany Lions also had 12 blocks, seven of which came from senior setter Micha Hancock.

In the first set, the Nittany Lions jumped out to a 19-11 lead, before going on a 6-4 run to take the early 1-0 set lead.

In the second set, despite OSU earning a lead of four, the Nittany Lions came back and took over, 18-17. The Buckeyes went on to score five more points, but still lost, 25-22.

The Nittany Lions’ largest lead of the third set was 13, after starting the final frame on a 12-4 run.

Hancock led all players in assists with 31 and added five kills and four digs. Penn State senior defensive specialist Dominique Gonzalez and Buckeye junior outside hitter Elizabeth Campbell each had a match-high eight digs.

Campbell led all players in kills with 12. Freshman outside hitter Luisa Schirmer had seven kills and eight errors on 26 total attacks for a -0.038 hitting percentage. Senior setter Taylor Sherwin assisted on 30 of the Buckeyes’ 33 total kills.

Junior middle blocker Andrea Kacsits also started her second match of the season, providing the Buckeyes with three digs, two kills and their only service ace.

The sweep was the Nittany Lions’ fourth in a row. They also won at Indiana and at home against Michigan and Michigan State. They have now won their last 15 matches against the Buckeyes, with their last loss coming in Columbus on Nov. 8, 2006.

The Buckeyes are scheduled to play the Nittany Lions again on Friday at St. John Arena. The match is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.