The Wexner Center for the Arts hopes to pull students away from their Netflix queues and to the Wex plaza Thursday night for their 12th annual drive-in series.

“People are hungry for events that aren’t a traditional experience or in this culture of everything being streamed,” said Erik Pepple, spokesman for the Wex.

Thursday is the first night of the three-part summer series. The movie that will be shown is Wes Anderson’s “The Darjeeling Limited.” Pepple said Anderson is a “huge fan favorite here” and that this film, which tells the story of four estranged brothers who travel across India, is one of his more underrated works.

Every year, Pebble said, the Wex film team picks one contemporary film, one classic Hollywood film and one cult classic to be shown in the series.

“The Darjeeling Limited” is the contemporary film, “Touch of Evil” showing on July 16 is the classic Hollywood film and “Cry-baby” on August 13 is the cult classic. All three films will be projected in 35 millimeter.

“Projecting Blu-ray or DVD can diminish film quality,” Pepple said. “This way the films are shown the way that the filmmaker intended.”

Pepple added that the films are ones that show well outside as they are “pure visual experiences that work well with a crowd.”

The doors for the Wex Drive-In open at 8 p.m. with the movie playing at dusk, around 8:45 or 9 p.m. Pam’s Market Popcorn is free with Mikey’s Late Night Slice available for purchase. In the event of rain, the movie will be shown inside Mershon Auditorium at 9 p.m.