Ohio State’s Delta Gamma sorority is placed on cease-and-desist for possible violations of the Code of Student Conduct. Credit: Jack Westerheide | Photo Editor

Ohio State’s crackdown on its Greek community has extended beyond fraternities.

The Delta Gamma sorority was given a cease-and-desist letter this week by the university’s Office of Student Life.

An investigation by Ohio State into the Epsilon chapter’s possible violations of the Code of Student Conduct is currently underway, Dave Isaacs, a spokesman for the Office of Student Life, said in a statement.

The nature of the violations will not be released until the investigation is complete.

The cease-and-desist letter permits the sorority to conduct only essential activities such as chapter meetings and requires prior approval by the university in order for any activity to take place, Isaacs said.

A cease and desist is less severe than an interim suspension and still allows the sorority to congregate events it deems essential, pending university approval.

Ohio State’s investigation will determine whether the cease and desist is lifted or if further punishment will be handed out.

The national organization for Delta Gamma, which is headquartered in Columbus, did not return a request for comment at the time of publication.