YAM is a student-run publication that works as a platform to spotlight local student artists, artist managers and entrepreneurs in the community. Credit: Courtesy of Diego Arellano

Your Arts Magazine is holding YAM Slam on Tuesday, which will feature pop-up exhibitions, live performances and more from emerging artists to celebrate the launch of its online magazine.

YAM is a student-run publication that works as a platform to spotlight local student artists, artist managers and entrepreneurs in the community. The website also serves as a place for artists to collaborate with one another and expose different forms of art to the Ohio State community.

YAM Slam will be held at Trism and feature between 15 and 20 pieces of art  — including performance and visual — all created by student artists.

Diego Arellano, a third-year in arts management and curator for the exhibit, explains that the event will be more than just visual art.

“We’re trying to encompass all of the arts into this one location and showing that they all work with each other in a certain way,” Arellano said. “We’re going to have music, we’re going to have dance, we’re going to have art in physical form.”

In addition to physical art mediums like paintings, drawings and art prints, there will be a poetry station and photo booth.

The event will feature local performers including rapper Joey Aich with DJ Mike Dow and local band Full Send. The event also willfeature a drum circle.

Arellano said the space lends itself well to the exhibit because Trism’s large digital stage will allow YAM to showcase digital art pieces.

“We’re really trying to bring the arts into one space and making them work together while they’re all intertwined,” Arellano said.

Arellano said all of YAM’s events are important in being able to create spaces for students to collaborate with each other and gain experience in the art world. He also said being able to curate the event has given him real experience in his field of art management.

“For all these emerging artists, really it’s just creating that platform and giving them more exposure and meating up their resumes,” Arellano said. “Then from this, we get feedback from the community, what exactly you know is working and what isn’t working and we can work off of that.”

The event runs from 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Trism. Admission is free, but there is a $5 suggested donation at the door to help launch Your Arts Magazine. Artwork will be available for purchase at the event.