Ohio State guard Keyshawn Woods (32) shoots a three-pointer during the first half of the game against Purdue-Fort Wayne on Nov. 11. Ohio State won 107-61. Credit: Amal Saeed | Assistant Photo Editor

Ohio State thought it was on its way to another dominant win.

The Buckeyes went into halftime with a 12-point lead, using many of the same ways they decimated Purdue-Fort Wayne on Sunday — making seven of 13 from 3 in the first half. But that momentum, that shot consistency did not stay in favor of Ohio State as Creighton overcame that 12-point deficit in the second half, taking a 55-54 lead with 5:40 to go in the game.

But senior guard C.J. Jackson, who had not connected on his first seven shots of the game, including three 3-point attempts, and had five turnovers, connected on a 3 with 2:10 left in the game, giving Ohio State a two-point lead.

Ohio State (3-0) recorded an 13-0 run late in the game, securing its third win of the season, a 69-60 win against Creighton (2-1) on Thursday in Omaha, Nebraska.  

Redshirt senior Keyshawn Woods was a major offensive boost for Ohio State in the win, scoring 15 of the Buckeyes’ 37 points in the first half, making five of seven from the field and three of four from 3. He finished the game with 19 points, shooting 53.8 percent from the field.

After wins over Cincinnati and Purdue-Fort Wayne, Ohio State did not use that momentum at the start.

Sophomore forward Kaleb Wesson recorded two turnovers on the first two offensive possessions. The team did not come out hot offensively either, making one of its first seven attempts from the field, missing both attempts from 3 and scoring only two points in the first four minutes.

While the Buckeyes struggled, Creighton took advantage, going on a 10-2 run to start the game and making four of its first five shots.

But the Ohio State bench brought the Buckeyes back into it.

Woods and freshman guard Duane Washington Jr. each hit a 3-point shot, making all three of their first shot attempts combined, bringing Ohio State to within two points.

Washington and Woods scored 11 of Ohio State’s total points during a 14-2 run, giving the Buckeyes a 19-14 lead with 7:31 left in the half. In the first half, the Buckeyes scored 25 points off the bench, including eight from Washington.

Creighton continued to struggle. After making six of their first 10 shots from the field, the Bluejays made three of 11 from the field, turning the ball over 12 times in the first half. The Buckeyes shot 46.7 percent from the field, making seven of 13 from deep to give Ohio State the 37-25 halftime lead.

Creighton came out of the locker room with some life. Junior forward Martin Krampelj recorded a dunk to start the half, followed up by a 3-point make by junior guard Davion Mintz.

That life continued. The Bluejays outscored Ohio State 23-11 in the first 10 minutes of the second half, making nine of 15 from the field. Sophomore guard Ty-Shon Alexander tied the game at 48 with 9:47 left in the game, overcoming the Buckeyes’ 12-point lead at half.

With the momentum seemingly shifting in favor of the Bluejays, Ohio State recorded four turnovers in the first seven minutes in the second half, making only one 3 on five attempts to start the half.

Ohio State came back and shot 48 percent in the second half, scoring 32 points to secure the nine-point victory over the Bluejays.

Ohio State returns home to face South Carolina State at 2 p.m. on Sunday.