The Spring Student Involvement Fair will be held at the Ohio Union from 4 to 7 p.m. on Thursday. Credit: Lantern File Photo

The Office of Student Life will host the Spring Student Involvement Fair where over 300 undergraduate organizations will promote their missions to fellow students from 4 to 7 p.m. on Thursday in the Ohio Union.

Unlike the Fall Student Involvement Fair that is usually held on the Oval, the spring fair houses groups in various rooms in the Ohio Union. Each room is dedicated to a respective category, such as sports and recreation, cultural and ethnicity, and sorority and fraternity life.

Kimani Robinson, program coordinator for major campus events at Ohio State, said the spring fair gives students a second chance to get involved on campus.

“When the fall comes, you just come to the student involvement fair basically because of the part of the orientation,” Robinson said. “For students the spring is more or less ‘now I know what to do and now I get this second opportunity to dive right in.’”

Lizzie Wilson, a second-year in environmental science and president of Net Impact — a group that focuses on the intersection of business and sustainability — said her organization will have a table at the Spring Involvement Fair in hopes of recruiting new members.

“The Spring Involvement Fair is smaller than the fall one, so it kind of gives us a chance to meet students on a more personal level,” Wilson said.

As Net Impact makes up one of the 300-plus student organizations that will be showcased at the fair, Robinson said he believes Ohio State has a large student population who get involved outside the classroom with a variety of organizations at the university.

Robinson said that his own involvement in college with volunteer efforts and student organizations was one of the leading factors that gave him an advantage in job searching after graduation.

“It’s great to have job experience, but it’s also great to have these tangible skills that you get from being involved as an Ohio State student,” Robinson said.

Along with Robinson, Wilson said her involvement in Net Impact has been helpful by allowing her to exercise her passion for sustainable practices in the business field. She said she hopes that fellow students will be open to the many opportunities that surround them.

“Keep an open mind about all the clubs there and organizations,” Wilson said. “I know it can be a little bit frightening to go up to people and strike up a conversation, but everyone is just looking to become more involved, and everyone wants to ultimately help the campus become a better place.”