OSU senior running back Carlos Hyde has been suspended for at least the first three games of the 2013 season.

Lantern file photo

Ohio State senior running back Carlos Hyde is a “person of interest” in the reported assault of a woman at a Columbus bar July 20, according to a Columbus Division of Police report, while redshirtjunior cornerback Bradley Roby was charged with battery resulting in bodily injury in Monroe County, Ind., on July 21, according to Monroe County Court Records.

The incident involving Hyde reportedly occurred at about 2 a.m. Saturday at the Sugar Bar 2, located at 303 S. Front Street, according to the report.

The woman told police she did not know the suspect who allegedly assaulted her but could identify him, according to the report posted on the blog Eleven Warriors.

Roby was arrested at about 2:40 a.m. Sunday at the Dunkirk Bar in Bloomington, Ind., according to a press release from Bloomington Police. He had been removed from the bar after attempting to start a fight with another patron, then attempted to re-enter the bar but was stopped by security guards. He then struck one of the security guards in the chest, according to the press release. Roby was then wrestled to the ground and detained until police arrived.

Hyde, Roby and representatives from OSU Athletics did not immediately return requests for comment Monday morning, but OSU officials are expected to provide more information later Monday.

A meeting was called Monday morning at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center, and OSU will release information on the situation later today, according to reports.

Roby was scheduled to appear in Monroe County Circuit Court at 1:30 p.m. Monday.

These two incidents are not the first involving OSU football coach Urban Meyer’s players this summer. Former linebacker David Perkins was arrested in Bowling Green May 25, a few days before the announcement that Perkins will no longer be part of the OSU football program, and on July 14, freshman tight end Marcus Baughwas arrested for underage consumption.

Some of Meyer’s former players have been arrested as well – former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, who played under Meyer for three seasons at University of Florida, was charged June 26 with murdering semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd.

Hyde finished second on the team in rushing during the OSU undefeated 2012 season. He had 970 yards and 17 touchdowns during his 10 games played.

Hyde was named to the 2013 preseason Doak Walker Award watch list, an award given to the top college football running back.

Roby was a semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe Award, given to the nation’s top defensive back, and a second-team AP All-American last season. Roby was recently named to watch lists for the Thorpe Award, Walter Camp Award, Nagurski Award and Bednarik Award.