Home » A+E » Restaurant review: Authentic Italian meal found at Carsonie’s Stromboli and Pizza Kitchen

Restaurant review: Authentic Italian meal found at Carsonie’s Stromboli and Pizza Kitchen

You can order a a small “Original” stromboli for $9.95 at Carsonie’s Stromboli and Pizza Kitchen. Credit: Kim Dailey / Lantern reporter

Look no further than Lane Avenue for a casual dining experience that won’t drain your bank account.

Carsonie’s Stromboli and Pizza Kitchen is located in the Lane Avenue Shopping Center, roughly 3 miles from central campus at 1725 Lane Ave., and has been serving Columbus delicious Italian dishes for more than 30 years.

When I paid the restaurant a visit my sister and I chose to sit inside, where the dimly-lit room created a relaxing atmosphere while current hits played over a loud speaker. The walls were covered from floor to ceiling in Ohio State and other sports teams’ memorabilia. This theme was a nice touch and it was interesting to wander through all the history displayed on the walls.

Along with the salt and pepper shakers on the table were Trivial Pursuit cards, which I enjoyed, as it gave patrons a chance to challenge each other and play as they waited for their meals.

When it was time to order, we got garlic cheese bread, a small “original” stromboli, which was made with cheese, pepperoni and sausage, and a small vegetarian stromboli, which was made with cheese, tomatoes, onions, artichokes and olives.

The stromboli comes in three sizes: small, which serves one person at about $10, medium, which serves two to three people at about $17 and large, which serves four to six people at about $20.

With the $2.50 price tag, I thought drinks were too expensive for what you were getting, as the cup size was similar to what you would get at other restaurants.

The garlic cheese bread, served with a side of marinara sauce, was light, fluffy and, thankfully, not completely soaked in the garlic and olive oil. The mozzarella cheese was hot, but didn’t scald my mouth nor fall off the bread.

Since the stromboli is made fresh, the wait time for food takes a little longer than other restaurants, which is explained on Carsonie’s menu. Because of the large group ahead of us, our food took more than 30 minutes to be delivered.

The horseshoe-shaped stromboli was cut into modestly-sized pieces in order to dip in the marinara sauce provided. The Italian bread was crisp, but not hard. The ingredients were baked all the way through and held together well inside the stromboli as we dipped it in the sauce. The only complaint I had was that part of the cheese was burnt on mystromboli; however, this actually did not take away from the taste.

From the delicious food to the friendly staff, Carsonie’s is a great place to relax and have a delicious authentic Italian meal for a great price — if you’re not in a rush, that is.

Grade: A

1. It is vital we complete merely the most beneficial for our customers,
    if each and every client is usually very happy with our own providers, they’ll carry on to be able to
    advocate all of us to help people whom can also
    need your products and services eventually. For residential spaces, professional
    locksmith companies can do lock installation and lock repair for access control systems, master key systems,
    buzzer entry systems, keyless entry systems, panic and emergency exit devices, rear door security bars,
    door closers, safes, lockboxes, file cabinet locks, desk locks and secure key cabinets.
    Unexpectedly, they discover themselves shut out of their office or home, or even their car, and they
    are in a panic; and even worse, they discover they’ve been a target of a theft with their
    doors bashed in when they show up residence.

2. Large state schools such as Iowa State University, University of
    Missouri, and Colorado State University offer a degree in Animal Science
    or Zoology as an option in addition to Biology, Chemistry,
    or Biochemistry. Not only this, these Chandler veterinarian treats their problem with expensive injection and medicines
    if required as their main vision are only to make the animal totally free
    from suffering or illness. , but if they’re brought here on a normal basis to attend
    the pup preschools where they do have lots of enjoyable activities and play they
    begin to associate this spot with joyful activities and don’t
    make a fuss when brought here later onfor health checks.

3. You could get your certificate in general electronic
    studies and then apprentice for a refrigeration contractor
    for a while before learning enough on the job to be re-certified as an expert in that specific field or you could spend some time in Refrigeration School of Electronics
    and upon graduation, you. Certain local utility organizations,
    for example NV Energy, provide rebate programs to entice more companies to
    retrofit their buildings and will pay businesses if they cut
    down their usage by a certain amount. Whether they are decorating for you the Electrical outlets Rochester NY
    or may be working for your house or the office, or may be the work is
    relating to the installation of a new automatic generator, or it may
    be any kind of electrical problem Rochester NYyou can get best quality services and complete
    satisfaction as well.