Counterfeit tickets intercepted at ‘Shoe

Nov. 17: According to University Police, there were several complaints of stolen or bogus tickets during Saturday’s football game against Illinois. After police inspected the tickets, 21 of them were identified as counterfeit.

The ticket holders were given the option of leaving the stadium or purchasing new tickets at the ticket office. All chose to leave the stadium. Five stolen tickets were reported, and the people in the stadium seats of the stolen tickets were asked to leave.

Safe sex no joke; prank ends in fight

Nov. 18: According to University Police, two roommates in Stradley Hall got into a physical altercation when one of the men came home to find a used condom on his bed as a practical joke.

When the student got angry about the joke, his roommate made fun of him and called him names. The victim of the practical joke then started screaming at his roommate and punched him in the face. The roommates were separated and neither pressed charges.

Man arrested for drunken driving

Nov. 17: After police stopped a driver for reckless driving and approached the car, the driver showed signs of a possible drunken driving case.

The man smelled like alcohol and slurred his speech. Police asked the man for his driver’s license and insurance card. The man looked through a stack of papers and skipped over his insurance card twice before telling police he could not find the card. Police took the card out of the papers and asked the man if he had been drinking, and he said he had two beers.

Police then initiated the standardized field sobriety tests, all of which the man failed. Police then checked the man’s driving record which showed his driving privileges were suspended. The man was arrested and taken to the University Police Department, where he had a .116 percent blood alcohol level and then taken to Franklin County Correctional Center.

-Compiled by Kate Juergens