The College of Veterinary Medicine’s open house offered a chance for prospective students and the public to visit and explore the college.

The open house included exhibits, tours of the facilities, a petting zoo area for children and presentations about what the college offers.

Guided tours of the veterinary hospital began every 10 minutes throughout the day on Saturday.

“I had received some stuff in the mail about OSU,” said Lela Midgley, a junior at Graham High School. Midgley decided to visit lecture presentations that included a student panel, information about careers in veterinary medicine and a visit from the Ohio State Police dogs.

“There are lectures going on in here for undergraduate students who are interested in admission,” Clay said.

The children’s room included live gerbils, rabbits, chicks, snakes, turtles and more. Children could dress up in a surgical gown, cap and mask to bandage injured stuffed animals they brought from home.

“I’ve seen a lot of the employees come by with their kids,” said Georgeanne Croskey, a second-year veterinary student who brought her 5-year-old daughter.

Exhibits that were open all day included the anatomy lab, radiology exhibits and a surgery demonstration.

“We went and saw the radiology lab and that was pretty sweet,” Midgley said.

Veterinary student clubs sold merchandise including T-shirts, sweatpants, sweatshirts and water bottles.

Lunch was catered by City Barbeque and was available from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. for $7 per person. Buck-I-Guy drove through for a short visit around noon, blasting OSU songs from his car radio.

The College of Veterinary Medicine also had a separate area open for students interested in studying pre-vet as undergraduates.