Ohio State then-freshman Tre Leclaire maintains possession of the ball in the first quarter against Loyola Maryland in the first round of the NCAA tournament on May 14, 2017 at Ohio Stadium. Credit: Sheridan Hendrix | Oller Reporter

In a high-scoring affair, the Ohio State men’s lacrosse team could not put an end to its losing streak, falling 13-10 to No. 5 Johns Hopkins for the Buckeyes’ fifth straight loss in Baltimore Saturday.

The Buckeyes (5-6, 0-2 Big Ten) always seemed to be within closing distance to the Blue Jays (8-2, 2-0 Big Ten), but never managed to close the gap when it counted. Ohio State matched Johns Hopkins in goals in every quarter except for one, getting outscored 5-2 in the third quarter in what proved to be the deciding quarter.

Ohio State trailed 12-10 with just over two minutes to play in the fourth quarter, but Blue Jay sophomore attack Cole Williams silenced any thoughts of a comeback. He scored a goal with 26.6 seconds on the clock to put the game out of reach, completing his game-high four-goal performance.

Ohio State sophomore attack Tre Leclaire paced the team’s offense, finishing the day with a hat-trick. Ohio State freshman midfielder Omari DeBerry scored his first collegiate first goal just before halftime to bring his team to within one goal before freshman midfielder Jackson Reid tied it up at five.

For the first time this year, Ohio State’s record fell below .500.

The Buckeyes will continue conference play and try to break their losing streak against No. 18 Michigan at 11 a.m. Saturday in Columbus. The matchup will precede the Ohio State football team’s spring game.