Ohio State’s Cole Gorski celebrates in mid-air at the Simmons-Harvey Quad in Ann Arbor, Michigan, on Jan. 21, 2018. Credit: Ethan Clewell | Lantern Reporter

The Ohio State men’s track and field team finished third while the women’s team finished last at the Jim Click Shootout in Tucson, Arizona, after competing Friday and Saturday.

The Jim Click Shootout hosted six teams: Ohio State, Illinois, Cincinnati, Kansas State, Auburn and Arizona. The Arizona men’s team and Kansas State women’s team captured titles at the event.

Ohio State competed without its distance runners. This is the second consecutive meet Ohio State competed without its full roster.

Men’s recap

Ohio State senior Cole Gorski reached new heights by claiming first place with a jump of 5.50 meters, breaking his own Ohio State outdoor record. The jump is currently tied for eighth in the country.  Junior Coty Cobb finished second in pole vault behind his teammate with a jump of 5.05 meters. Ohio State racked up 18 points in pole vault alone.

Ohio State placed first in the 4×100-meter relay. The team, consisting of freshman Eric Harrison, freshman Tavonte Mott, senior Drelan Bramwell and senior Duan Asemota, ran a time of 39.65 seconds.

In triple-jump, junior DaJuan Seward finished second with a total of 15.14 meters jumped.

In the 800-meter run, sophomore Alexander Lomong came in second with a time of 1:49.72.

Women’s Recap

The Ohio State women’s team picked up the most points during the 400-meter run. Senior Maggie Barrie finished in first place with a time of 52.91 seconds, junior Karrington Winters finished third at 53.32 and freshman Syaira Richardson finished fourth at 53.76.

Senior Chantel Ray took first place in the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 13.41 seconds, her fastest time this season.

Freshman Anavia Battle won the 200-meter dash with a time of 23.28 seconds.

Senior Madison Roberts finished second in pole vault, setting a season high of 3.85 meters.

Ohio State’s 4×100-meter-relay team, made up of Barrie, freshman Anavia Battle, Richardson and Ray, ran a time of 44.73 seconds, which was good for Ohio State’s fastest time this season.

The 4×400-meter-relay team, made up of Richardson, Barrie, Winters and senior Courtney Cloudy, placed second with a time 3:36.72.

Ohio State will split up again next week. Part of the team will travel to Oxford, Ohio, for the All-Ohio Meet and the other group will head to Knoxville, Tennessee, for the Tennessee Invitational Friday and Saturday.