A residence hall staff member reported a rape at a South Campus dorm Monday. The rape itself reportedly occurred about a week earlier, Ohio State University Police Chief Paul Denton said in an email.

The suspect in the case is an 18-year-old male student, who is suspected of having used alcohol and who knew the victim. The suspect and victim might have been in a “dating relationship,” Denton said.

Denton added that University Police does not believe the incident “represents a continuing threat.”

About two-thirds of rapes are committed by someone known to the victim, according to the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network website.

OSU provides services for victims of sexual assault that include counseling, advocacy, wellness and health services through Student Life.

Six rapes have been reported on OSU’s campus since the start of the academic year, all of which are listed as “investigation pending” on the University Police daily log.

A female student reported aggravated menacing involving a knife near Hughes Hall Saturday around 5 a.m. Investigation into the event is pending, according to a University Police report.

A 33-year old man not affiliated with OSU was arrested for falsification and obstructing official business near Doan Hall, part of the Wexner Medical Center, Tuesday at about 2:30 p.m.

A security officer reported graffiti on the breezeway, which is similar to an outdoor hallway, of Baker Hall West Feb. 26. The graffiti was not offensive and Facilities Operations and Development was told so its staff could remove it, according to a University Police report.

There were nine total thefts reported on OSU’s campus this week from Feb. 26 to Wednesday.