The Ohio State football team takes the field for the 2018 Spring Game at Ohio Stadium between Team Scarlet and Team Gray. Credit: Jack Westerheide | Managing Editor for Design

The Ohio State football program began fall camp Friday as 110 members of the fall camp roster participated in the first practice of the 2018 season.

This comes days after Ohio State announced that head coach Urban Meyer would be placed on paid administrative leave as the school investigates his knowledge of the alleged domestic incidents involving former Ohio State wide receivers coach and recruiting coordinator Zach Smith and his ex-wife Courtney Smith.

In Meyer’s absence, offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Ryan Day has been named as the interim head coach.

According to a release made by the Ohio State football program, the team will practice on both Saturday and Sunday with an off-day scheduled on Monday. Practice will then resume on August 7 with the first day in full pads occurring on August 8.

Ohio State has 47 returning lettermen on the roster for the 2018 season including 22 on defense, 21 on offense and all four special teams members.

Ohio State announced Thursday that it would be closing practices to the media until further notice, anticipating that it would have an update on August 6. The media was initially scheduled to attend the first fall practice on August 4 and talk to the coordinators and players. Meyer was anticipated to meet with the media on August 7.