Singer and model Charlotte Lawrence is coming to MAPFRE Stadium Friday to play her first festival set at Breakaway Music Festival.

Lawrence, the 18-year-old daughter of TV actress Christa Miller and creator of the television show “Scrubs,” Bill Lawrence, was born and raised in Los Angeles. Although used to the public eye, she’s motivated to take the reigns and create her own spotlight.

The Lantern asked Lawrence questions in exchange over email about her rise in the music business and the future ahead of her.

The Lantern: Welcome to Columbus! Is this your first time?

Charlotte Lawrence: Yes!

TL: How did playing this festival come about?

CL: My agent at Paradigm booked this with the promoter. So excited to play with this lineup everyone is so sick.

TL: When did you start music and at what point did you know you wanted to make a career out of it?

CL: Been singing and playing piano since i was very young. After I recorded my first song (cover of Skinny Love) when i was legit 12 years old, I realized I wanted to make music a career.

TL: You’ve also made a career out of modeling. When did you sign with IMG and what has that experience been like?

CL: I signed with IMG when I was like 13. Working with them has been great and they totally get that Music is my priority and have been very supportive. With the crossover of Fashion/Music/Brands it helps to have IMG in my corner.

TL: Describe your sound.

CL: Alternative pop, edgy, w a touch of singer songwriter.

TL:  Who are your biggest inspirations?

CL: Joni Mitchell, Bon Iver, Damien rice, Bowie, Kurt Cobain, Phoebe Bridgers

TL: Have you played a major music festival before?

CL: This is my first major festival. I only started playing out full shows in June so I’m super excited for this one!

TL: Who are you most looking forward to seeing at Breakaway?

CL: Oooo maybe Odesza or Khalid.

TL: What future do you envision for yourself?

CL: I envision a future of music! I will never stop creating, writing, singing etc. Gotta do what you love and love what you do!

TL: What’s next on the agenda for you?

CL: Europe and US Touring, radio promo for Sleep Talking, releasing another single, EP and full length album throughout the year!