Ohio State senior offensive lineman Billy Price (54) prepares to snap the ball in the fourth quarter of the B1G Championship game against Wisconsin on Dec. 2 in Lucas Oil Stadium. Ohio State won 27-21. Credit: Jack Westerheide | Photo Editor

Looking to begin the next chapter of his football career, it appeared former Ohio State center Billy Price was dealt a setback Thursday when he reportedly partially tore his pectoral muscle at the NFL Combine, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported. However, he said Friday that he expects to miss no time in preparation for the draft and he will be ready by training camp.

Price confirmed to the media Friday morning that his injury is an incomplete left pectoral tear, but said he doesn’t believe it will require surgery. According to cleveland.com, he will seek a second opinion on if surgery is needed.

The injury is reported to have happened when Price, the 2018 Rimington Award winner, was doing the bench press at the combine in Indianapolis Thursday.

Price, who started every game from the start of his redshirt freshman season until the end of his five-year career at Ohio State, was viewed as a top-five interior line prospect by most NFL draft websites.

He is projected as a late first-round pick or early second-rounder by multiple outlets.